Doug K. Nickerson, CPA, CGFM, CFE, CIA
Business Assurance & Advisory Services Partner
Doug has over 19 years of experience in corporate accounting and public accounting providing audit and consulting services to clients in the state and local government, real estate and construction, manufacturing and distribution, nonprofit industries, professional and financial services firms, and privately-held companies. Doug is a member of Keiter’s Not-for-Profit Industry and Real Estate and Construction Industry teams. In addition, he is a member of the Keiter Merger and Acquisition team and leads numerous due diligence engagements for clients located across the country.
Prior to joining Keiter, Doug spent over 10 years in public and corporate accounting in the Richmond, Virginia and Washington, DC areas. Doug spent five years as the corporate controller for a national real estate development and construction company in the Washington DC area, where he was primarily responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the company and various joint ventures and development entities. Doug’s recent experience includes manufacturing, distribution and biotechnology companies with unique revenue cycles and recognition methods. He has numerous clients that have been involved in complex, mergers, purchase acquisitions, debt refinancing and capital structures.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Government Finance Officers’ Association
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Richmond Chapter AGA – Membership Chair (2010-2012), Sponsorship Chair (2012-2014)
- Rotary Club of Innsbrook – Sergeant at Arms (2011-2012) ), Treasurer (2012-2013), Membership (2013-2014), Community Service (2014-2015)
Bachelor of Business Administration- Accounting
Publications and Thought Leadership
- “Impact to Construction and Real Estate Entities from Recent Revenue Recognition.” – Keiter Blog, August 21, 2014.
- “Not-For-Profit Industry Update.” – Keiter Blog, February 21, 2014.
- “Financial Reporting Changes for Nonprofits.” – Keiter Blog, August 9, 2013.
- “Improving Risk Management in Local Government.” – Keiter Blog, July 18, 2013.
- “Construction Fraud.” – Keiter Blog, April 15, 2013.
- “Protection From Accounting Fraud.” – Keiter Blog, January 10, 2013.