Matthew O. McDonald, CPA/CFF, CFE
Matt has more than 18 years in public accounting providing audit, tax, and consulting services for HUD financed housing, VHDA financed housing and construction, not-for-profit organizations, construction, retail, and manufacturing clients. His experience includes conducting audits under Government Auditing Standards, Single Audits in compliance with OMB Circular A-133, and the Consolidated Audit Guide for Audits of HUD Programs. Matt provides insights and opportunities to a variety of businesses, including multi-state privately held businesses and companies with single location operations.
Matt supervises the work necessary to form the basis of expert witness testimony for the forensic services group and has qualified and testified as an expert witness in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
In surveys conducted by Virginia Business magazine, Matt was named one of Virginia’s Super CPAs.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Former Member – Professional Ethics Committee; Former Member – Audit Committee; Past Chair, Young CPAs Committee
- Association for Certified Fraud Examiners
- Boy Scouts of America
- Connor’s Heroes Foundation, Founding Board Member, Member – Finance Committee
Bachelor of Business Administration, The College of William and Mary
- “Best Practices for Not-for-Profit Organizations.” – Keiter CPE Day, October 2, 2012.
Publications and Thought Leadership
- “Recent Accounting Changes- Is Your Not-For-Profit Ready?” – Keiter Blog, February 17, 2015
- “What’s New in the Form 990?” – Keiter Blog, April 24, 2013