Thomas M. Denson, III, CPA
Tom has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting providing accounting and tax services. Tom has significant knowledge in advising not-for-profit organizations, privately-owned businesses on strategic and succession planning, as well as financial and retirement planning, estate planning and administration, and tax consulting for privately owned businesses, and individuals. Tom’s clients include private foundations, not-for-profit organizations and business leagues, estates, trusts, and numerous closely owned businesses in the manufacturing, service, and real estate industries. Tom is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Richmond and a former instructor at Randolph Macon College.
In numerous surveys conducted by Virginia Business magazine, Tom was named one of Virginia’s Super CPAs.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Richmond
- Randolph Macon College, Former instructor
- Great Aspirations Scholarship Program, Inc., Board member
- Masters in Taxation, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Virginia
- “Best Practices for Not-for-Profit Organizations.” – Keiter CPE Day, October 2, 2012.
Publications and Thought Leadership
- “Proposed Changes for Not-for-Profits: Excise Taxes and Intermediate Sanctions” | Keiter Blog, September 29, 2014